The Thong ’n’ Dance label started in 1981 during the cassette boom (anyone still remember cassettes?) as a reaction to the unlistenable rubbish that many cassette labels were putting out at the time.
- The first release was ‘Man Sees Thing’ by the Bimbo Brothers.
- The following year saw the release of a vinyl single following the recording of two songs by Innocent Bystanders at Mike Brady’s Flagstaff Studios, as a result of winning a local ‘Battle of the Bands’ competition.
- The record received support from local Radio Station 3HA and even rose to Number 23 on the Western District Top 40 in November 1982, a first for a local band and label!
- A busy year, which saw the release of four more cassettes including the following:
- A studio album of original tunes from The Swingin’ Hi-Tones.
- A live compilation from Innocent Bystanders.
- After a long break, the label re-emerged in the early 1990’s with cassette releases by K.J. Allen’s studio band, The Celebrities.
- Thong 'n' Dance entered the digital age in 1996 with its first CD release
- ‘Meet The Celebrities’ is a compilation of material from the cassettes plus a few new recordings.
- Never the most prolific of outfits, The Celebrities released new material with ‘Red Green Blue’.
- The Swingin’ Hi-Tones release their first CD, ‘Hi-Atus’.
- Check out unique and retro videos from The Swingin' Hi-Tones right HERE !
The release of the New 7" EP, The Lone Surfer, from The Swingin' Hi-Tones.
The disks further showcase the authentic nature of classic Hi-Tones design.